Saturday, August 24, 2013

Youth on Mission Part 2


 When many people hear of others going on a mission trip, many thoughts can run through their minds. However, after actually getting to go on a mission trip across the world only one word runs through my mind: undescribeable. (Im not sure that is a word, but still) 
After returning back to the states to my family, friends, and even classmates, everyone wants to hear about it and often ask, "tell me a story?". Many times I do not even know where to begin because there are SO many stories! I have one for from the time I arrived at the first airport that morning
to stories that make me yearn for the people I met. Usually, I just say okay and tell as many stories as I can untill I notice that they aren't listening anymore. I try to add so much passion that went into making the stories when telling them, yet sometimes it just doesn't sink in. I do know though that I absolutly want to go back, maybe for a little longer and get to know more about the profession of being a missionary and to experiance the people and life changing events again. I loved it there and I can honestly say, not a day goes by that I don't think about and connect my life here to what I learned there; no matter what I'm doing, or how busy I am, or what I want to do in the future, this trip will forever be in my mind. Savannah Reaves

No comments:

Post a Comment