Thursday, September 5, 2013

Old and New Bibles

The discipleship teaching sessions had gone well.  Nairokoki (Nigh Row Ko Key) was proving to be an able and knowledgeable student of the Word.  As we were getting ready to leave, I noticed her Bible.  It had that "used" look that books acquire in the bush -- dirty on the outside, cover missing, re-bound several times with available materials (cardboard in this case) and pages missing.  As I went to the vehicle, Holy Spirit prompted me to action.  I asked Nairokoki if she would trade me her Bible for a new Bible and I would include a zip-up cover with it.  She thought for 2 seconds then gladly agreed.  So, she acquired a new Bible with cover (and all the pages intact), and I acquired a piece of Maasai spiritual history from this faithful disciple.

I am privileged and blessed to have this piece of nostalgia and also to have resources to buy Bibles to use in the Maasai areas of Tanzania.

No comments:

Post a Comment